Friday, June 24, 2011

"tell me dat story again mommy"

ben is really curious and really smart. his is constantly asking me "a cuz why mommy" to try to figure out the crazy world around him. i know when i have really sparked his interest with my responses when he says, "tell me dat story again mommy!" for example, he saw the fire escape ladder in our widow well and asked, "what's dat mommy?"
me: "a ladder"
ben: "whats it do?"
me: "helps us get out if there is a fire and we can't get upstairs to go out the front door?"
ben: "a cuz why mommy?"
me: "if our house catches on fire and we can't get out we need to use that special ladder"
ben: "a cuz why mommy?"
me: "so we will be safe"
ben: "a cuz why mommy?"
me: "so we don't get burned by the fire"
ben: "a cuz why mommy?"
me: "because fire is really, really hot and it can burn us. it is really dangerous."
ben pauses for processing time . . .
ben: "tell me dat story again mommy"
so then i have to tell him the "story" 30 more times until he understands. what a guy. i also had to tell him about drowning a million times after we watched the lifeguard jump in to save a little kid and we have been through what tornados do a billion times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...