Monday, March 26, 2007

The Best / Worst Valentine's Day!


Scott and I were looking back through our photos to see if there was anything exciting we could post on our blog for family home evening. Scott saw our Valentine's Day pictures, and we decided that the events of that day should be told.
The day started out beautifully. It was sunny and warm. I went to work with a few secrets and surprises up my sleeve for later that evening. I came home for lunch full of excitement. I couldn't wait to decorate our apartment to surprise Scott when he came home from school. As I pulled into the parking garage, I was a little too excited and confused the gas and the brake. SLAM!!!! Right into a cement wall. Great. Scott called me thirty seconds later. It was career fair day and I thought maybe he was calling with good news about a job, so I restrained my crying until I realized he just wanted a ride. I burst into tears telling him I hurt the car. He was so calm, collected and supportive. I was so impressed. I picked him up, he brought me home, and called the insurance company and took our car to a few different shops for bids. All while I sat on the love sac in a puddle of tears.
Scott was so amazing that day. When he got back from figuring out the car,(there was a lot to figure out since, I locked the driver's seat belt, semi-set off the airbags, and did quite a number on the front left side! oops!) he went back up to campus to finish career fair.
I pulled myself together enough to make dinner and a feeble attempt at decorating. When Scott got home we had a lovely candlelit dinner and watched our wedding video. When the end of the day rolled around it turned out to be a fantastic day full of love in spite of my stupidity. What an amazing husband I have!

1 comment:

  1. Clayton and I laughed pretty hard when we read this one. Love it love it love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...