Friday, March 23, 2007

Britta's First Half Marathon!


I did it! 13.1 miles. My time was 2:02.34. I wanted to get under two hours, but for my first half marathon it was a pretty good time. Wow. I never thought that I would do that. And surprisingly I am doing it again on April 21st. The Moab Half Marathon was absolutely beautiful. School buses drove us ten miles up the canyon. We ran through red rock cliffs on both sides, right next to the Colorado River. So pretty!!! My step dad and my mom trained me for the race. My step dad stayed right by my side until mile 6.5 , then he went and caught up with his daughter and then came back to find me at mile 11, and then finished the race with me! He was an amazing support. I couldn't have done it without him! Scotty was there at the finish line to cheer me in. It was so wonderful to have him there supporting me. Hopefully next year he will be running with me. Ha! It was an awesome experience followed by three days of tons of pain! Whew.

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading your blog - I'm so glad you started one! Congratulations on the 1/2 marathon! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is painful just looking at that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love your face. ..s. both of them. not on one person of course. the face of each of you individually. (Ben wants it to be clear that Lexi is writing, not Ben)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...