Thursday, May 8, 2008

1st Trip to the Zoo!










We went to Hogle Zoo this week with Aunt Kiersten. Scott and I haven't been there for years! It was fun to see all the incredible new changes they have made since the last time I was there. Sadly the reptile and small animal house hasn't changed a bit. Yuck. We made sure to finish our Creamies outside the exhibit so as not to ruin the flavor. Ben pretty much slept the whole day, but we had a blast. We saw a bird show and the elephant show and made it too see all of the animals. I am usually not very opinionated about things. But I am opinionated about zoos. I love to be able to see the animals up close, but I think the majority of the exhibits create a pretty cruel life for the animals. It made me so sad to see the monkeys trapped in concrete rooms, with plastic trees and walls painted to look like forest. Animals need space and an environment that allows them to live like they would in the wild. Unless you can do a zoo like the San Deigo zoo, maybe you shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...