Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Wilford!





Wilford turned 91 years young this week. We had a party and Jeff and Nicole's to celebrate (it was also Jeff's birthday). Wilford came in his traditional attire that I love so much: bucket hat and velcro shoes. He loved his birthday card from Erica and Jonathan. He just couldn't believe they made it on a computer. The best part was that it came with a certificate good for one night out on the town to a restaurant. He kept asking me what the fanciest restaurant is so that he could go there. Wilford was one of the very first family members of Scott's that I met. Since then Wilford and I have been close buddies. The first night we met he talked to me for over two hours about the war, Jewish fabrics, and the dirty butcher Stalin. I was laughing so hard on the way home I literally had to cover my mouth and bite my tongue! Since he has told me all about his wife's pregnancies (I got a full nine months of those stores), and most recently about how he came to call his wife, Violet, flower. They went to go see the movie Bambi for a date when they were young and the skunk in the movie is called Flower and he asked her if he could call her Flower and she said, "You can call me flower if you want to." Just like the movie and the name has stuck ever since. We love you Grandpa Wilford!

2 comments:

  1. great pictures, Britta! So glad you all were able to come! And you are so cute with Wilford--such a good sport listening to all his stories and opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I request copies of some of your pictures of Wilford? They are absolutely classic, and we just love that Grandpa!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...