Tuesday, October 5, 2010

night shift

what happens when both parents are on night shift? chaos. scott is working a real night shift at work for the next couple of months and i am working the mom night shift with cole and ben (who has decided he wants to wake up at random hours or way too early just for fun. arg.). on friday night i saw every hour on the clock aside from the 12:00 hour. scott was at work so i was totally by myself. here is how the night went down:

9:00 pm ben finally in bed
9:30 pm mommy in bed
10:00 pm cole wakes up hungry, he stays awake and fussy until 11:30 pm
1:45 am ben wakes up wanting to come "lay in mommy's bed one second."
2:00 am cole wakes up hungry and stays up and fussy until 3:30 am
4:30 am cole starts grunting and fussing, so i feed him again
5:30 am ben wakes up and i give in and let him come lay in my bed
6:30 am ben finally falls back asleep, but cole starts fussing and crying.
7:00 pm ben starts jumping on me saying,"mommy the sun is awake! get up mommy! get up! mommy stand up! please! please please!"
7:30 am daddy is finally home! mommy gets to sleep for an hour before daddy has to go back to bed.

yikes. aren't you all so jealous?

5 comments:

  1. oh sweetheart. i am so sorry. i wish you lived down the street so ben could sleep over or i could take a night shift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Hang in there!! As soon as we're all better Ben should come hang over here for an afternoon so you can sleep!
    Loving all the stories-they make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on your blog and it is awesome. I especially like the bathroom post. I can relate, as Lucy pounds on the door sobbing whenever I'm in there alone.

    I love that you are writing this all down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Britta...I hear ya! I too keep reminding myself that it will all pass too quickly and then I will miss it. ok...maybe not the sleep deprivation but all of the other craziness. Hang in there and maybe sometime we can bring our craziness together and hang out. I have never seen your place..it would be fun to come up and do a play date!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...