Monday, April 12, 2010

i know i am pregnant when . . .

1. i am freezing all of the time.
2. i wake up at least twice a night to pee.
3. i suddenly have an affinity for plain old yellow mustard and pickles (both of which i loathe).
4. i cry when my husband offers to go to the grocery store for me and take ben with him.
5. all i can think about is cleaning out my closets, getting the baby room ready, and re-doing ben's room, cleaning out the garage, making DI runs, and looking at furniture (nesting much?).
6. all i want to eat is gummy bears, chocolate, and panda express.
7. my eyebrows are growing uncontrollably. seriously. anyone have a weed whacker?
8. my love handles are back and i don't look pregnant, just pretty dang chubby.
9. i want to go to bed at 8:30 pm with ben and really really don't want to wake up with him at 7:30 am.
10. i am nuts not knowing the gender of my little peanut. i am trying not to run to the nearest fetal studio or begging my OB to just take a peek for me before my big ultrasound appt.
11. nothing fits and it is back into the fat clothes. last time i was pregnant i couldn't wait to start showing. this time i know how fat i am going to get and to be honest it is a bit depressing.
12. i am really really excited for this new baby. which scares me. shouldn't i be terrified? because honestly i don't know how i am going to do it. but truthfully i can't wait to meet this new little one.

5 comments:

  1. I totally missed your announcement post! Congratulations! I'm impressed you kept it a secret for so long. You are only about 3 weeks behind me! So much fun! I don't know if it's the pregnant hormones detecting others or if it's just "their first one is 2 and that's when people "typically" have another one, but I wondered... :) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you look gorgeous not "chubby"! When do you get to find out what you are having? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh! I loved reading this. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, you are going to be fabulous with two. Second, I love the list...I relate to so much of it, and when I read it I feel relieved that I'm on the other side of it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Britta I got a bit teary eyed reading this. How silly I know but I still have nursing hormones running through me so it's okay. I am so excited for you too. I guess this means there will come a time after baby #1 that you are ready for more. Maybe you need a trip to Chicago before you become a mother of TWO. I have heard that it's all downhill after that, you leave your friends behind and really truly start your family. We are so old.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...