Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Factoids . . .

Benjamin:

Loves to watch Mythbusters with Dad. Today on our walk he tried to pop the stroller tires with his wagon tires. He was pretending there was a spike on his. "Just wyke mifbusters!" he tells me. Oh boy.

He is crazy for corn on the cob and broccoli. Such a wonderful surprise.

Loves digging in the dirt.

Sings along to almost every song, and he knows the words to a lot of them. My favorite ones to hear him sing are, "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz, "Baby Oh" by Justin Beiber, and the "Tangled" credits song. So funny.

He loves to ride his bike outside with the neighbor kids, but still refuses to peddle so his feet get stuck under the seat all the time.

He has officially entered the "a'cuz why mommy?" phase. It is always so cute and funny when other kids do it. But when you have heard for 5 billion times in the last ten minutes the cuteness fades.

My latest trick for getting Ben to sleep is the "Suess Method." That's right. I read him Dr. Suess until he falls asleep. Usually about a story and a half. I feel good because we get in good reading time and he goes to sleep without a fight.

Coleson:

Still trying really hard to crawl. He usually gets stuck in plank pose for a few seconds and then collapses. Yesterday, he launched himself off both of his back feet and actually made some forward progress, but he scared himself to death.

He is absolutely done with nursing. I can't decide how I feel about it. One minute I am heartbroken and the next I am celebrating because I don't have to try to feed him with Benjamin mauling both of us. Cole loves all food. We haven't found anything that he doesn't like. He eats: bagels, mac and cheese, snap peas, bananas, spaghetti, rice, pancakes, mangoes, and most recently dirt. Awesome.

Nights are still rough. The last few nights he has only been up at 12:30 am and 4:30 am. Which isn't horrible, but I am really missing my baby that slept all the way through the night. He hasn't been the same since he got sick a few months ago. Boo. I really really don't want to sleep train him, but this momma needs some sleep!

Cole loves to play with the curtains in his room. He grabs them and shakes them and laughs and laughs and laughs. So cute.

His favorite toy lately is the infant tylenol bottle. He is not a fan of a binky at all, but he will chew the tylenol bottle forever.

He refuses to take a bottle. He has to have a sippy cup just like his big brother. What a nut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...