Saturday, May 14, 2011

Soccer!

 I am officially a soccer mom! Well, sort of. The first week of soccer I was the substitute coach. Ben refused to play. He made me carry him up and down the field while I tried to coach our team. He cried the whole time. Our team got creamed. We played the Manchester United of 3-5 year olds.  We only had three brave little girls playing against eight boys who could rotate in and out. Luckily, they didn't really know they were getting beat. I think they still had a good time.
 This week Ben actually took the field!!! Big step. He participated in warm-up and even helped with a kick off. Granted he kicked the ball two or three times and then came running and crying to the sideline, but he played! Hopefully, by the end of the season he will be a contributing player!
 Grandma Gwen was there to help Ben through this traumatic soccer game. Her days of being a soccer grandma are just beginning!
 Cole cheered on big brother as best he could, but mostly he wanted mommy and the baby food I brought.
 Check out those skills! He is very proud that he can drop kick a soccer ball all by himself.
 This is Ben and his best pal Brynner! They are the best of friends. Brynner is so so nice to Ben. He puts up with all of Ben's bossiness and loves him anyway. The jerseys are slightly on the HUGE side, but I think that makes them all the more adorable!
 Brynner especially loved me during the soccer game because I brought him some "super juice" aka Gatorade! We forgot to tell Brynner to not eat the orange peel. Oooops.

Best Buddies! from Britta Bruderer on Vimeo.
 Ben did go play with dad at halftime! When there weren't any other kids on the field of course.

Aaaaahh. The best of part of any soccer game. The treats!!!

4 comments:

  1. MY FAVORITE POST YET!!! So hilarious and SO cute!!! I seriously love that little boy! He is so awesome, I loved the videos and the pictures, especially the one where he looks like a midget!!! LOvE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully my children will have as beautifully documented lives as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Britta!! You are the best. I actually feel like I was there-sort of. I can't wait for Thursday practice to meet the others!! Those pictures kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cute Ben;s outfit. What a cute kid! I heard about the great soccer game from Gwen. I think that soccer is a part of his future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...