Friday, June 10, 2011

Grandma Barbara Day

Scott lost his mom to breast cancer 10 years ago. So it makes Mother's Day a bit rough. His siblings started a tradition of getting together every year on Mother's Day and talking about their mom and their memories of her. This year we got together at Sugarhouse park to remember Grandma Barbara.
We brought some old bread to feed the seagulls, geese and ducks. 
Adri was in heaven. She is the duck queen. She has a whole little flock of stuffed ducks that she carries around with her. They all have names. She spent five minutes saying goodbye to the ducks. Blowing them kisses and promising to come back soon.
Sally and Adri are my darling, darling nieces. I made Sally promise me that she wouldn't grow up and go to kindergarten, because it would break my heart. She looked at me and said,"I going to be big and go to kindergarten." Now she is going into 3rd grade! and Adri will be in first!! They are growing up so so fast! I changed both of their diapers. I feel really really old.
 Hottie Amber always has a big beautiful smile on her face!
 Oh Ben. Running like a wild man. Again. Up and down the hill he went about a million times.
 Dilly Bars are one of Grandma Barbara's favorite treats. So April brought some for all of us!
 Who doesn't love Dilly Bars?
 I think it is safe to say that the love of Dilly Bars runs deep in this family!

 Ben found a dirt pile. So of course he started digging and kicking and throwing dirt everywhere. I couldn't bring myself to stop him because he was having so much fun!
 Then he turfed it. Face first in the dirt. Awesome.
Then we had to show dad the damage. As he came around the tree he said, "Don't freak out dad!" He knows that dad gets a little crazy about dirt on clothes.
 Look at that face! Seriously?

1 comment:

  1. Can't get enough of your pics, your boys, your family, and your blog! Love it! Ben and the dirt....he is a true little boy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...