Wednesday, June 8, 2011

next stop . . .

 Ethel's Chocolate Factory and the Cactus Gardens! The chocolate treats we ate were so so delicious. A bit of a chocolate overload, but that is my absolute favorite thing in the world!
 The cactus gardens were unbelievable. I have never seen cacti in bloom before! So so beautiful.
 Ben of course liked digging in the dirt the best.
 And running around like a crazy.


 I got a bit carried away photographing all the cacti. Secretly I want to be Imogen Cunningham, but I do not have a green thumb to grow cool plants to photograph.
 Ben's absolute favorite part were all the airplanes. All of the air traffic coming into Las Vegas fly right over the Cactus gardens. Plane after plane after plane. All day long. He really didn't want to leave.
 I played around with my new macro lens. So much fun! I still have to mess with it some more. But so far I love it.



This shot was such a happy surprise!! When I took it I didn't see the bumblebee!! When I got home and downloaded it I squealed with joy!!




Cole loved every second of his nap in the sunshine.

3 comments:

  1. Those Cacti's are so pretty. I have seen them bloom before either!And definitely that bumblebee pic is a keeper...

    I hope all is well
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to start a gallery wall with all your awesome photos! Well done. And the post prior at the Cat Dealer was so darn cute! Looks like you had such a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! Love that little boy! So stinking cute, I love his hat backwards. I LOVE the BUMBLEBEE!! The cacti are awesome, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...