Friday, March 18, 2011

3 years

I feel like a broken record, but how is this possible that I have a three year old boy!! What happened?
He is wild as all get out, but I love him so. He keeps me on my toes and constantly in check. He says the funniest things, but my favorite is, "I towee (totally) love you mom." My heart will shatter into a million pieces the day he stops talking like a toddler and looses all his funny sayings.
He is all boy. He loves digging in the dirt and pretty much anything with wheels. Digging (construction) trucks are still a favorite. We still have to hunt them down when we go on walks. Lightning Mcqueen is still the coolest. However, Ben says that Buzz Lightyear is, "The coolest toy ever."
Bed time is still a work in progress and probably always will be with Ben. Right now he goes to bed anytime between 9:00pm and 11:30 pm and it is almost always a battle. He usually sneaks his way into mommy and daddy's bed at some point. Sometimes he will go back in his room, other times he keeps coming back and I give up.
He is a pretty picky eater. His current favorites: oatmeal, corn, popsicles, donuts, and chips. Very well rounded and healthy. Sometimes food is food.
Ben is my jokester. Lately one of his favorite sayings is, "HA HA! Just kidnin (kidding)!" He does this with a really loud fake laugh. Hilarious.
He is on his way to becoming a super athlete. He loves to play soccer and baseball the most. He likes to watch football and basketball with dad.  He is crazy about wrestling. Which is great when it is with daddy or Uncle Jason, not so much with Cole.
He is the best big brother ever. He adores his younger brother and is always looking out for him. Even when I leave him at my mom's house and he is terrified he will go up to Cole and say, "It's okay Cole-y. Mommy and Daddy will come back for us. I here." And then he will sing him twinkle twinkle little star to calm him down.
He loves to dress up and be Buzz Lightyear. He is really into the whole super hero thing right now. Sometimes he gets a little jealous when Cole wakes up from a nap and needs mommy. But when I tell him that Cole needs us to rescue him, he runs up the stairs yelling, "I coming to rescue you Cole-y!"
Although aspects of Ben are hard at times he is the joy of my life. Everyday is an adventure with this wild boy. I love him dearly. We have had so many adventures and firsts together. I can't wait to see what adventures are ahead.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...