Saturday, March 26, 2011

Potato Bug Hunt

 We went to California!! Cloudy, cold, rainy California, but Chic (formally Chicken, but known to the rest of the world as Kiersten) was there so that made it wonderful. Since it was raining there were lots of potato bugs out and about. Ben loves potato bugs.
 He thought he was doing a great service by ensuring the dead potato bugs a swift passage into the hereafter with an extra big squish. Sorry bugs.
Uncle Andrew wins the award for best potato bug hunter. He found a ton for Ben to hold and more dead ones to squish.

 Ben liked the ones crawling on the walls. He thought they were so tricky.
He couldn't quite figure out how to convince the bugs to crawl onto his hand. (I think the news of the squishing had spread.)
 Luckily, Uncle Andrew was there to show him how to hold his hand still so the bug could jump on.
 Then Ben got really mad at me for taking pictures. Surprise. Surprise. 80% of my pictures of him are like this. . . so sweet.

 Chic came just in time to save him from his mommy's camera. Or so he thought.

Joke is on you kid.

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! It makes me smile just looking at these pictures...even right now I can't stop smiling as I type this! I am so lucky to have such an awesome family and an awesome little nephew that loves his chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...