Wednesday, March 2, 2011

some days are stones and some days are diamonds . . .

 March 2nd was definitely the most brilliant of diamonds. We went skiing to celebrate Ben's birthday a little early (pics to come). Such a perfect day. Daddy got to come with us because it was his day off. Cole got to come and hang out in the lodge with his great grandma myrna. My mom, my grandpa, scott, ben and I hit the bunny hill all together to watch ben "ski fast like a jet" and "jump high. wahoo!" He adores snow skiing. It was so fun to watch him have so much fun. When he got tired he went to the lodge and had hot chocolate and french fries with his grandmas while scott, grandpa and I took some grown up runs. I haven't had that much fun skiing for a really long time. Beautiful day, gorgeous mountains, great snow and the best of company.
 Sadly, ben's actual birthday, March 3rd, was somewhat of a stone, a really, really ugly rough stone. To start things off he woke me up at 4:45 am to inform me that my bed was wet. Why? Because he had his first full blown night time bed wetting experience on the morning of his 3rd birthday. Perfect. So I stripped off my sheets and crawled into ben's twin bed with him to catch a couple more hours of sleep before cole woke up. I thought it would be nice to do something fun on his actual birthday. So the aquarium seemed like fun, until ben decided that cole absolutely could not sit in the stroller. Ben "needed" to. So i pushed ben into the aquarium while carrying cole, who was screaming. Not easy. Considering I was flying solo. At least we got to watch the octopus eat his lunch. To top things off, my angel baby cole was having a really off day and was really really fussy. The highlight of the day was watching Ben blow out his candle on his donut after dinner.
 Cole is starting solids now and he loves them! Mangoes are a new favorite. Such a doll.

2 comments:

  1. Cole is so stinking cute! I can see his little personality coming through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one of Cole, it makes me smile every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...