Saturday, October 15, 2011

bedtime drama

As usual, bedtime with Ben is dramatic. He is constantly trying to negotiate his way out of it. Here is the dialogue between me and Ben at bedtime tonight:

Me: "Ben, it is time to go to bed. Lay down and close your eyes. Please. Or I am leaving."
Ben: sits up in bed, "Nothing is ever going to cheer me up again. I guess I will just sit here with my broken heart."
Me: bust up laughing
a few minutes later . . .
Me: "Ben, time for bed. No more games."
Ben: "Mom, I gotta tell you. The police are going to come in the night and tell you to not be mean to me."
Me: "Oh really. I think the police are going to come and tell you that you are not following the rules because that is what policemen do."
Long pause. Ben thinking really hard.
Ben: "I don't want to go to bed. I hate it."

Seriously? Oh my! The kid was up at 6:00 am today, no nap and is cranky as stink, but will not go to sleep! It is almost 9:30 pm!! Just business as usual at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...